Policy ReviewsContact & Navigate
Life insurance is a cornerstone
of solid financial planning.
Life moves fast and significant events like these can make it difficult to know if you and your loved ones
are adequately protected:
- Beneficiary changes
- Business ownership
- Charitable giving
- Childbirth or adoption
- College expense
- Death (family member)
- Home purchase
- Increased debts
- Job change
It's important to know if your existing insurance really fits your financial needs. We offer complimentary life insurance reviews on a regular basis and recommend you evaluate and update your coverage at least once every five years.
Not a McGriff Insurance client? Consider a complimentary insurance policy review from McGriff Insurance Services. We can help you determine if your current coverage is aligned with your financial goals.
Have you experienced a life-changing event recently?
We offer an insurance policy review at no cost to BB&T banking clients and you are not obligated to purchase insurance from McGriff Insurance Services.
A thorough review may indicate your policy is performing as expected. If our review reveals underperformance, we'll explain potential improvements and their benefits.
Consider these important factors when you are evaluating whether to surrender or exchange your existing policy:
- Fees for contract surrender or exchange
- Physical examination requirement
- Higher premiums or disqualification for coverage (if you are not in good health)
- New contestability period
- Tax liability (please consult your tax advisor)
A number of factors can affect the performance and cost of your insurance policy, including:
- Interest rates
- Under funding (or funded with a combination of term and permanent coverage) to keep costs down
- Longer than expected or higher than expected premiums
- Premiums based on old (pre-2001) mortality tables
- Policy end of term
- New riders offering more appropriate features (return of premium, guaranteed death benefit protection)